Tips and News
This month in the garden …
Winter is the time to get those big jobs done in preparation for the growth spurt of Spring.
- Transplant deciduous shrubs and trees.
- Take hardwood cuttings from deciduous plants.
- Check planting time for vegetable seeds and seedlings, e.g. broad beans, peas, onions, garlic.
- Watch for caterpillars on members of the cabbage family.
- Plan colour for spring, plant seed or seedlings of annuals.
- It’s now the last month to plant spring bulbs.
- Cymbidium orchid flower spikes should now be forming so move them into good light.
And when all the tasks are done around your garden, take some time to rug up for an enjoyable wander around other winter gardens.